Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Happy Campers

My husband is a camp councilor at our church's kids summer camp,  The theme is Western and he is  supposed to decorate his cabin.  While I can't be there to add the necessary touches to make the decorating perfect, I did send him with some great items.    I made some signs with my Cricut. 
Here is the first one. 
I added all of the kids names that are in his cabin after the photo was taken.  I thought it came out really cute!  I was planning on using brown poster board so I cut the shadow for the Howdy Pardner in black, unfortunately I couldn't find brown poster board so I had to make do with black.  I inked the black shadow with silver to help it stand out from the black background.  

Here is the other sign I made.
I wasn't sure if the gun was too much for church camp but it went with the theme.  Hopefully no one is offended. 
I used the Old West cartridge for everything.  I also cut out the Cowboy up sign and Happy Trials sign from the cartridge, but I didn't get a picture of those before they ran out the door for camp.  I don't know if the 5th and 6th grade boys in my hubby's cabin will be impressed, but you can't please everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment